Health & Mental Health Services (GLBT & GLBTQ-Friendly)
Mental Health Services
Also: Be sure to check our list of Internet-based mental health resources
for GLBT individuals and their families in our
Resources section, under the "Health
& Mental Health" section.
Maricopa County HIV/AIDS
(as of Nov., 2003):
Assembles and delivers food boxes to people
living with AIDS. Volunteers needed and loved. Information, 602-234-6143. All
calls will be returned.
AIDS Network of Arizona
education, communication, and support for HIV-positive older adults, and
- AZ AIDS Information Line, 602-234-2752
- AZ Department of Health Services, 602-542-1000
- Bosom Buddies, 602-231-6648
- Care Directions, 602-264-2273
- Concilio Latino de Salud, 602-285-0970
- HIV Intervention and
Prevention, Arizona (HIP/AZ)
A program for people living with HIV and their providers.
- HIV/AIDS Law Project, 602-258-3434 ext. 282
- Joshua Tree, 602-264-0223
- Lesbian Cancer Project, 602-263-5622
- McDowell Healthcare Center, 602-344-6550
- Maricopa County Department of Public Health, 602-506-6900
- MenPower Project, 602-506-6857
- Native American Community Health Center, 602-279-5262
- Planned Parenthood, 602-277-7526
- Phoenix Shanti.
Providing services for people living with HIV disease.
Southwest Center for HIV/AIDS (formerly known as "Body Positive")
The Southwest Center for HIV/AIDS offers more than 15
programs reaching men, women, youth and those infected and affected by
HIV/AIDS. Prevention and outreach initiatives include HIV/AIDS counseling
and testing in partnership with Maricopa County and the Arizona Department
of Health Services.
- Terros, 602-685-6086
- Teen Lifeline, 602-248-TEEN
Other Health Resources
Articles of Interest:
- Lesbian Health Project
(newsflash: NOT just for lesbians any longer . . .)
Note: As of May 1, 2007, the Lesbian Health
Project has merged with The Wellness Community. Please click on the
above link for more details!
- For a list of national links to GLBT-specific health information services,
including general health issues, quitting smoking, hepatitis, STD's (sexually-transmitted
diseases), lesbian cancer issues, etc., click